Labels

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My heart is sick of being in chains.

  

I'd like to talk about breasts for a minute. Something on my mind, something is going on with mine, and I have an appointment with the Doctor soon which in the wake of Angelina chopping hers off makes everything more frightening. Louise Hay and other well known authors say that the breasts house nourishment within the body mind. When something is going on we are to look at the lack of nourishment in your life. I giggle because it's kind of a no brainer for me. Most of the time I feel like a bleeding heart putting everyone and everything out for others while second handedly attending to my own needs. 

Sound like anyone you know??

On this plane I think I relate to most women in the US. I think it may start from the ground up. I giggle when I read things that talk about how uncomfortable 50's lingerie was. Well I've as yet to wear a bra that doesn't leave marks that leave me rubbing sore ribs at night and yes I've been fitted. We rig ourselves out binding, pushing up, relentlessly exercising so that we can have firm asses and bellies to tuck into skinny jeans. Regardless of your body type supposedly this must happen. Then buy the expensive clothes and the cell phone cover. Don't poop in the public or work restroom (people might know you do that) wait til you get home. Accept that date with the cute guy you've been eyeing, lord knows you need a new dress and shoes for that. And still have money left over for room, board and play even though the dude sitting next to you at work makes more money than you do for less work, but we won't talk about that now. After that and only after that make sure you find time to nourish your hopes, dreams, and inner most desires. Or just read 50 shades of Grey and tell your friends that you did.


I'm exhausted just typing that. But really, I find it all a tiring illusion. I'm so guilty of telling myself that I'm going to have more patience with myself and do more things for me. Then I find when I do them I'm always thinking about what I must do or who may need me. I've found that as a woman it is so important to feel needed. How do we show ourselves that we are needed? I can talk about nourishing the self but how does one even begin to do that?? How do we beat back years, decades of programming?? 


Turn toward the Goddess within.
The one who trusts herself. The one who was here long before our iPads and instant coffee.  The moon must receive the nourishment of the tide, pulling it towards her before she can release it out. It is a cycle within and throughout. A butterfly effect. 


A lifestyle that I wish to choose and adopt that goes against every Catholic tenant, and Young Miss lesson that I grew up with:
It's ok to be a little selfish, it's ok to be a little vain. Think of it as self preservation. 
I'm sure you cringe as you read that but think about it, really think about it with an open mind and see how your future self may change. Healthier breasts?? 😉


Wash your own hair before you use it to wash someone's feet. Or how about teaching them to wash them themselves. 

Peace,
J

 

No comments:

Post a Comment